Jesus is not the founder of “going to church.”
God the Father did not send His Son into the world to start a religion and a practice of “going to church.”
“Going-to-church” is a religion and practice created by man in the name of Jesus, and is vastly different from the actual Truth that Jesus taught.
● “Going to church” will always involve idols of the heart.
● It will always be involved with making a good showing in the flesh.
● It will always be examining others but rarely themselves.
● It will always be boasting in religious performance, all cloaked in the language of “being holy” and “obeying God.”
● “Going to church” will always produce a “worship” that draws near with its mouth and honors with its lips; that is vain; and that teaches doctrines which are the commandments of men.
● “Going to church” makes you slaves of men and of human institutions and not of Christ.
● “Going to church” is the morphine that numbs the pain of spiritual weakness and fecklessness.
Jesus said that a geographical location or appointed structure is completely irrelevant as a condition to worship and that true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship Him. God is spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. John 4:19-24.
Read those verses again and again and again until it sinks through.
Jesus said, I am the way, and the truth, and the life.
Jesus said, you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Jesus said, If therefore the Son shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Jesus said that He has come to bring the good news to the poor; to proclaim release to the captives; to give sight to the blind and to set at liberty them that are crushed.
No matter how much you try and no matter how much you parade it to be so, Jesus and “going-to-church” will never, EVER mix!